Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rumblings and mumblings

The moving is done and we are just about settled. There are pictures to put up on the walls and a few miscellaneous boxes of junk. Other than that it is done. I have a few really good friends that went above and beyond and helped me get it all done.

It is so nice to be in the new place. It is much bigger. From room to room it is also quieter. We can watch tv at night and the kids cannot hear it in their room. Once doors are closed it is hard to hear anything else in the house.

All else is well. The kids are meeting some new friends. The neighbors upstairs have three children, 2 are older than mine and one is younger. They go up to play sometimes and once the kids came here. They are Sudanese and their english isn't very strong. But they seem to all have a good time anyway. Hannah hasn't learned their names yet, but I'm sure she will.

I have discovered one of the reasons that Mothers are encouraged to stay home. It is during the day that my children and I really "talk". I am often amazed at the subjects that come up. We have talked about crazy things like why do we have blood and how are bodies will be changed after the resurrection to really important subjects such as how repentance works. We often discuss gospel topics of a wide range. If I were not home a lot of these opportunities would be missed. If my children went out of the house for school the same would be true. Many of the school lessons we have lend themselves to discussions as well.

I must say I am gratefull to have this blessing. I haven't always felt it a blessing as an outside job would be a lot easier most of the time. But it is worth it to do this work. I feel the love my kids have for me and see how strong our bond is. When they aren't driving be batty we are having a great go of it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome mommy Jenny. Im glad the kids are adjusting to the nre digs. It finally happened. Chicken and I will be proud parents next summer, end of June or first of July. Mom is going nuts, frankly I havent soaked it in yet! All I know is that I feel like dog crap, and then some, and I could sleep for the rest of forever.lol.
Hi to Nathan and the kids. We love you.