Thursday, December 4, 2008

Family posting

About a week ago Hannah lost her first top tooth. She's having a lot of fun with it. She keeps putting her tounge in the whole and saying "look at me Mom, I have a pink tooth". There is just something a little more significant about loosing the top teeth vs the bottom ones. The visual mark is much more pronounced.

Ethan is going through his own changes as well. He keeps getting bigger and more grown up. He and Hannah are the best of friends and play so well together, a great help to me in that regards.

Both of the kids are so excited about our coming baby. I have lots of baby movement now, and if I pay close attention I can see my belly wiggle with the baby. The kids want to see and the the other day I tried to lay as still as I could. I think Hannah actually did see a movement. Ethan ofcourse thinks the natural rise and fall of me breathing is a kick. It isn't but it didn't diminish his excitement.

We all trooped to the doctors office again yesterday. They do a short ultrasound for the heartbeat each visit. So the kids were able to see the baby again. It was Nates first time to go with me so he saw the little one too. He is a definate boy, showing off his wares rather obviously. So no doubts as to his gender. I think that makes the planning of things for me so much easier.

All else is well. The weather is getting cold. You may all laugh, but it feels cold to me. I'm sure it is in the 60's but when yu are used to 90+ this is what winter is. I had goose bumps when out and about yesterday.

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is exciting that you get to see the baby each visit. I only get to hear the heart beat.

I did have a question, I was wondering how much baby stuff you had. If you needed anything. Let us know. We would love to try and help. Also there is a few second hand stores in Idaho Falls that I could get some cheep clothes from if you need them.

Buckeye Nut said...

I found out today that I am going to be auntie again to a cute little baby boy. Liz & Gary had their ultrasound. Funny thing is they haven't told anyone in Ohio yet so those of us in UT have to make sure we don't slip when we are talking on the phone. Mom & Papa C are coming to UT on the 19th. Zoe's baptism is on the 27th.