Monday, March 2, 2009

Baby Update 35 weeks

It's been a busy month for us. I have successfully reached 35 weeks and am having no real problems. I have to take it pretty easy still, but that's fine. I was looking back to when Hannah was born, I believe she was born about 35 1/2 weeks and Ethan was born at 36. Yesterday we went for an ultrasound and the baby already weighs in at about 5 lb 10 oz. That is bigger than Hannah was at birth. So I am pleased with everything that is happening with the baby.

We are all ready though to go to the hospital just in case. The suitcase has been packed for a couple of months, and recently repacked to verify what actually is in it. The crib is made up, diapers are out and all the cute little things washed and ready to wear. A few days ago the ladies at church gave me a great baby shower. So we have added a play mat, bouncy chair, and other great things for our new little one. I have to make perhaps one more trip to Baby Shop for some odds and ends, but nothing that is critical. So give us just two more weeks and we will be very happy to have this baby come. Some days it seems like I may still come early, but when I start getting worried things calm down.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Wow! I am so glad that this pregnancy is going so well for you guys! We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! Who knows, maybe you'll even find out what it's like to be overdue (tee-hee-hee)! Just teasin', I wouldn't wish that on anyone! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Im too lazy to start my own blog Jenny, but I so wish I wasnt so I could post all my fun news like you.lol. I cant believe that you have made it this far with so few problems.Its so awesome. Michael is ecstatic wo welcome this new little girl of ours, and I realized its going to go faster now. One more 4 weeks checkup and then we are down to 2 weeks. yikes!!! Keirha will be here soon! Um, so can you believe Im having a baby??? AAAAHH! lol. its unreal. She moves alot!I always look forward to getting home from work now, so I camn just be quiet and still and feel her flit around. I miss Hannah and Ethan soooo much more these days. I know they could probably care less, but whatever.lol
Gotta get housework done and then go to work. Love you guys. Cant wait for your babys-on-the-way phone call.

Heidi said...

That is Awesome Jenny, I am so happy for you and your family hopefully everything goes well, i will keep praying for you. Love you.

Jenny said...

Ah Corrine, You wouldn't be so delighed to see me miserable would you? I'm already at the point where I can't believe women have to endure this for up to 6 weeks more if they are realy over due