Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ramadan Timings

Last night we went on a family date to the mall. The entire purpose of going was to visit Virgin Book store. We arrived at the mall shortly after 5:30. During Ramadan that is a great time to go places as the majority of the population is home breaking their fast. The down side is that a lot of shops are closed. We shopped and puttered around a long time waiting for our store to open, which wasn't until 7:30. My thought is this, the shop keepers know that all the none fasting shoppers WANT to be shopping while everyone is home eating. Breaking the fast is abut 5:30, so what is the point ion staying closed until so late. We still had a good time at the mall and I did buy a couple of books. I then proceed to stay up VERY late reading the book I had bought. The joys of Ramadan. Nothing is really available when it is convenient.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Jenny,

what book was good enough to stay up late to read? julie and I just finished The Wednesday Letters. A great book.

Jenny said...

Hi Julie,
so am I to reply to comments on my blog, or on yours? I have not quite learned the rules of the game yet. I read Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It is young adult but a very sweet story and I enjoyed it very much.

Christa J. said...

Hey Jenny! I have a blog too. It is christasorganizedmess.blogspot.com
I'm glad you are doing well. They do the same thing in Spain for Easter. We had gotten off the plane VERY hungry, but could get nothing because they close down for a parade on Saturday.

Julie said...

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you very fast. From what I have learned, you usually answer questions on your own blog. When I asked my friend, she said if it was a short answer you could answer it in a comment, if it was a longer answer, you could do it as a post.