Friday, October 17, 2008

Dissapointed

Well Dina was supposed to arrive last night on the 16th, that wasn't able to happen. She was stopped in immigration in the Philippines. We thought we had all our paperwork in order. But, as is too often the case with immigration everywhere, there was a new rule that our friends here hadn't heard of yet. We have one more paper to get. It will take us another week to process that and then she can come.

I feel bad for Dina, it was a long hard day for her by the time we found out what was going on. She battled the best she could. In the end she had to go home. But we'll get it all sorted out. Hannah and Ethan were especialy disappointed, Hannah had a cry.

In the mean time it was a good lesson learned for us. Next time we will do our research better. However, Nate has been rising to the occasion lately. He has done more housework this past week than in the past few years! Well maybe not quite that long, but he is being very helpfull. So I will still get things picked up and vacumming done while Dina is not here. I can't vouch for help with the dishes though. I believe he draws a line there :)

2 comments:

underwhelmed said...

I am so glad that she is going to be able to come back and help you. I was wondering about that. Tell her "Hello" from me and that I would have loved to have her help when I had Aidan.

Angelina said...

Hi Jen~ How fun for the kids to play soccer. Sorry about Dina. We got to quit playing phone tag. Chat at you later.
Love you, Angie