Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas was a lot of fun at our house. Santa left behind some magic snow, it doesn't melt! Hannah had too much fun throwing it up in the air and letting it snow on her. It was something of a mess but she had fun.


I think this is about how I looked too. But I will spare all of you the pain to you eyes. Christmas morning was lots of fun. The kids loved all their presents. Nate and I would have liked to sleep a little longer, but Ethan was up just after 6 am. Hannah had to be woken up. She had a really hard time falling asleep and had stayed up late.
In the afternoon we went to friends for dinner. That was fun as well. My friend is English and we had a traditional English meal which differs some from our American dinner. We did have a Christmas pudding complete with brandy poured over the top then lit on fire. Any desert that you can light on fire is just plain cool. The pudding itself has a very strong flavor, somewhat of an aquired taste. Not too bad, but I could only eat a small amount.
The holidays were really busy this year. Lots of Christmas activities to keep us going. I'm glad though they are over as we need the rest. But I am glad we all had a good time. Hope you all have a great new year too.


3 comments:

Buckeye Nut said...

Hi Jenny!!! Don't fall off your chair, I baked this year. I actually found the time (I used some vacation time this year) and did "our" traditional cookies. My sis gave me the fudge recipe that my grandma gave to her years ago so I am excited to get to add that in. Glad to hear the kids had a great time for Christmas. We miss you guys a ton :) Love ya, give everyone hugs!

Anonymous said...

I just love to see pictures of the kids. They are so precious, really! I do know that christmas must have been fun, I enjoyed how you and Nate worked at it in Q8. All is well here. I cant get to work because 101 and 105 are closed do to mudslides, so another day at home, not really a bad thing I suppose. I hope it clears up though. Hope you are feeling better, we miss you...expecially Hannah and Ethan,,,sorry, thats just how it is.lol. Hi from Michael and Baby R. Lots of love

Anonymous said...

oooh, lots of typos on the last comment.lol. whatever