Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holidays

It has felt like Christmas vacation for a month. I've enjoyed steaming cups of hot cocoa and all the delicous pies of Thanksgiving. Now I'm ready for cookies. Tonight was our ward Christmas party. I had a nice sampling of cookies and and gearing up for a bake fest either this week or next. I can hardly wait!

Nathan has now been home a full month, adding to the Christmas feeling. Everyday is a holiday for us. We do some school then clean up and go out or watch movies. The past few weeks we've been studying about goats. This week we'll be goat proofing the fences and building a shelter. Hopefully by the end of December we'll have goats. It may seem crazy, but my farm girl roots have been showing and I want to surround myself with barnyard animals. Chickens will be coming in the spring.

I'm rambling on, but thought I'd update the world. We are alive and well.

2 comments:

underwhelmed said...

LOL, I don't have farm girl roots and I want chickens as well. I buy my eggs from a friend a few exits down that keeps chickens in her yard. :0)

Buckeye Nut said...

i love farm girl roots :) We have been talking about them alot since my mom has been with us for the past month. Hey, I need your new address chica :) Love you guys!!